Saturday 18 August 2012

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

So last weekend I challenged Jenny Ringo fans to get the views of Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw on vimeo up to 300. It's now on 343. Not massive numbers, I know, but for a 25 minute film 343 views is pretty awesome. And it gave me the idea for the next target.


People watching the film is fantastic. I hugely appreciate anyone taking the time to watch it and I'm thrilled that so many people have done so. However, if I'm going to take this any further I need people to get a bit more involved.

When I finished Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw I set up a mailing list. The purpose of this was to gather an audience for the films all in one place. The problem was I didn't really know what I wanted to use it for. Now I do know.


As I mentioned in my last post, next month I'm entering Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw into an online competition and I intend to win. For that I will need an army of voters, ready to sacrifice a couple of minutes and a few mouse clicks for the cause. That's where you come in.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me get 500 subscribers to the Jenny Ringo mailing list. I know that sounds like a lot, but we're on 245 so we're already halfway there. You can do this by posting something like 'Sign up to the mailing list at www.jennyringo.com because it's awesome!!!' in all the usual places.

Here are some things to consider -

Why should you help?

BECAUSE I WILL POST AWESOME VIDEOS!!!

If we hit 500 subscribers by the end of the month I will upload the full ten minute outtakes video from the first film. This is not just any outtakes video - these are the outtakes of a bunch of people who don't really know what they're doing. On watching this video you will wonder how we ever managed to finish a film at all. It's quite funny. But I'm only going to upload it if we hit 500 subscriptions.

Why would you want to sign up to the mailing list in the first place?

BECAUSE I WILL SEND OUT AWESOME E-MAILS!!!

I'm planning on taking this campaign a little further each month so there should be some exciting stuff on the horizon. Plus I totally shot a sequel this year! It's a couple of months off being finished, but if you're not signed up to the list that won't mean anything because you won't be able to see it anyway. I plan on doing exactly the same thing I did with the first film - those who are signed up to the mailing list get to see it way before anyone else does.

I also have loads of extra awesomeness to upload as we go along so I will make it worth your while!

And don't worry about being inundated with e-mails. At most it will be one a month, usually less frequent than that. And I use Mail Chimp so it's easy to unsubscribe whenever you like.

What can I do for you?

I WILL REVIEW/LIKE/SHARE YOUR STUFF TOO!!!

As I've said before if you help me out I'm happy to return the favour. If you need support for your project and you've helped me out with mine just e-mail me at whatwritesatmidnight[at]googlemail.com with the details and I'll see what I can do.

If you don't have stuff to promote then I will just be very very grateful for your help.

I'm going away for a week now. When I get back I expect the numbers to be up near the 500 mark.


Thank you for your help!

No comments: