Wednesday 23 June 2010

The last minute...

To introduce a bit of dramatic tension to the proceedings I was going to write a list of things I needed to do before the shoot on Saturday that I'd left until the last minute. Because in my head this was a very long list. Then I started writing it down, and there were two things - two bits of costume we need to get hold of that are in the process of being sorted out anyway. Unless I'm missing something really obvious, and that's very possible, I actually think I'm pretty well prepared for the weekend. We're having a rehearsal of one of the scenes tomorrow so after that we should be even more prepared.

My initial paranoia probably comes from having been up until the early hours of the morning two nights in a row trying to finish off my shot list. I have been working on this shot list for weeks.

So the storyboard took me a lot longer than I thought it would to put together, but I thought the shot list would be far less time consuming as a result. It's wasn't. I've been doing the odd hour or so on it here and there, but at the start of this week I was still only about a third of the way through. I'm going about it in what is admittedly a long-winded way. I'm transcribing the shots from the storyboard one at a time, which is in some ways over-complicating things as several panels in the storyboard could account for a shot that we will be filming in one single take. But it's helping me think about it and hopefully making sure I don't miss anything.

So I'm then taking that literal transcription and whittling it down to the single shots I need. This is where someone tells me about Super Movie Maker Ultimo Pro v5 where you click a button and it does all this for you. I'm doing it all in Excel and it's taking forever. Last night I kept the whole night free to finish it, then worked on it solidly until 2.30am in the morning and still didn't quite get to the end. But I got the shots for the weekend worked out which is the most important thing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: