Friday 20 March 2009

What do I do again?

So it seems like ages since I actually posted about writing. That's partly because I haven't done much recently. There are things going on in the background, but mostly they are things I either can't really talk about or don't want to jinx by talking about here. How cryptic is that?

But I did actually finish something this week - the second draft of a treatment for a horror film that I think I was referring to as Jimmy House. It's not perfect but I've been working on it on and off for about three weeks so I'm just glad it's finished for now. More specifically it was finished at 2am this morning. There is a sense of triumph when you finish something at 2am in the morning, as if you're at the end of some kind of epic writing montage like in Misery. It's not the same when you finish something at 4pm in the afternoon on a Saturday - 2am in the morning feels like you've worked for it. This is swiftly crushed by the realisation that you have to be up for work in 5 hours. That's how it goes for me anyway.

Other Jimmy Scripts:

The Jimmy Fight treatment has been approved and is currently with Brother Pete for draft one.

I haven't made any progress at all on Jimmy Horror which is my fault. It's at second draft treatment stage. Essentially Jimmy Fight is one of my projects that Pete is helping me out with, and Jimmy Horror is one of his projects that I'm supposed to be helping him out with. My part isn't going too well at the moment.

Jimmy Sci-fi is still in no position to be discussed in depth here but hopefully there will be news on that in the next month or so.

This weekend I need to redraft Dark Future - the zombie project that like its namesake refuses to die. I promised the producer/director I'd get it done ages ago but other things kept coming up first. It's not a major rewrite, more like a character pass, so hopefully that will be done by next week.

That's where I am at the moment - yes, this has mostly been for my benefit.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I told myself that I was going to write more about writing on my blog and then I never do.